10 March, 2014

Drink and Craft Beer of the Week!

To kick off this week, I have decided to combine the drink of the week and craft beer of the week together. I have to say, the craft beer of the week has been a HUGE hit! Due to that post alone, readership of my blog has gone up by 300%! I'm so flattered, and appreciate your readership! As a bit of a treat, I'm including four drink recommendations total for this week!

For my first offering, I put forth my favorite new creation, the Loopy/Rumchatta/Caramel Vodka martini! Since this is my own creation-ish, I decided not to include exact measurements for the liquor. I just free style with my pours, tweaking it to however I feel that day. Keep in mind - you don't have to use the exact brands I use, these are just my recommendations. :)


Three Olives Loopy vodka
Rumchatta cream liqueur
Smirnoff Caramel vodka

After that sweet martini, I wanted to feature a classic - the original martini. I have been searching for the best recipe out there, and this was what I came out with.


2oz Gin (I recommend Tanqueray)
1oz dry Vermouth (I recommend Martini & Rossi)

Straight: Pour all ingredients into mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir well. Strain in chilled martini cocktail glass. Squeeze oil from lemon peel onto the drink, or garnish with olive. 
On the rocks: Pour all ingredients over ice cubes in old-fashioned glass, garnish as above and serve.

For the week's craft beer selections, I've decided to feature a couple Michigan brews. 

Going back to my college days, I used to LOVE going to Harper's on Albert in East Lansing. I love how you can sit right at the bar, and watch as their different beers are being brewed. My taste always had me gravitating towards their raspberry wheat beer, which they describe as crisp and light, perfect for the summer season.


For my second selection, I have chosen the All Day IPA from Founders, which is brewed in Grand Rapids, Michigan. To date, I believe this is the only Founders beer I've had (that I can recall at least :/). A good handful of IPA's are too bitter for me to have more than one, but this is quite drinkable. Founders describes it as naturally brewed with a complex array of malts, grains and hops - balanced for optimal aromatics and a clean finish.


Happy drinking, y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment