01 April, 2014

My new favorite lunch spot!

So I've been wandering around the city during my lunch hour, attempting to try as many new places as I can. I had been to Shay McElroy's before for a nice Irish beer, but I didn't know until yesterday that they offered a pretty decent lunch!



I had every intention of sitting outside the other day (with it being such lovely weather before the intense heat of Houston summers), but I just couldn't help but sit inside and admire the traditional look of the pub. The bartender (who was Irish himself!) was very attentive and called me "love" every time he spoke to me. I enjoyed the atmosphere so much, I ended up going to lunch with my mother there today as well! The gal bar tending today was also very attentive, and so much fun! She told my mom she was going to get her to party next time we come in, haha!

Shay McElroy's has a pretty nice selection of Irish beer and liquor, a good amount of regular selections (Bud Light, etc.), as well as some offerings I've never heard of before. As far as food goes, they have a wonderful offering of different sandwiches, snacks, and salads. Yuuuuummmm!


My BLT with home-made potato salad! 

So, if you are looking for a good place with that awesome European feel, I recommend coming here! Good food, good beer and drinks, good fun!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment