20 June, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

As promised, the fashion part of my post is clutch - focused.

For most of the time I have carried a purse, I've been a large bag girl. As much as I love the convenience of having everything I carry in my purse at my fingertips, it proves a challenge for dressing up or going to an event. 

I used to take whatever my regular day bag was out with me for the night, but decided I wanted to start streamlining my night time look. The best way to achieve this - changing out your day bag for a cute little clutch. I love how many different kinds of clutches there are - box, envelope...the list goes on. 

Here is a glimpse into my clutch collection - 


I really like the variety of shapes and sizes I have in my closet. Quite a few of them are able to be dressed up or down. Now, I don't like to play favorites with my accessories, but I just love the uniqueness of the fur clutch by BCBG (see top right). Sure, many people think I'm crazy for carrying such a clutch, but I feel so vampy with it! As for the other clutches, I like to list where I picked them up from so if someone is interested they can try to find one. The list goes as follows: stripe one with strap - Missoni for Target, nude satin clutch - good sale on the Carnival Triumph, purple leopard - Forever 21, black glitter - DSW, pink - ALDO Accessories, and gray - DSW.

As you can tell, most of my clutches are very much fall colors. That being said, I recently purchased one I've had my eye on now for about a year - from British retailer L.K. Bennett. It's a gorgeous woven leather with satin trim and silver metal snap clasp. 

To me, this clutch is such a breath of fresh air - light and breezy, perfect for summer. The neutral nude color opens the door to many outfit options. I would pair this with pretty much any color pump, or even a pair of dressier ballet flats. 

I'm also loving feminine pastels. Here are a few I have come across that have caught my eye:

From Prada - 

From Christian Louboutin - 


And for a more budget friendly option from Target - 

Well, this basically wraps up my post on clutches. I hope everyone can take inspiration from the options I've posted and add a little girlie glamour to your outfits! 

On another note - started back at work after being away for two weeks from nose surgery. It was good to get back into the swing of things. I was very happy to see everyone and hang with friends. I always say Texas is great with wonderful people, but Michigan will always be home, no matter where I end up. It's hard to believe I've lived down in Houston for nearly a year and a half. Such a change from hanging with my core group of girlfriends I have in Michigan. It's amazing how the girls and I could spend months apart, and we pick right back up like no time has passed. 

That being said, having a close family is awesome, and has helped me transition quite easily in such a different place. Another big helper is, of course, this gal:


Minnie! I really cannot stress enough what a rock a pet can be. And that doesn't just include cats - dogs, fish, hamsters, etc. are also good! :) Minnie is just like a child to me. Cannot imagine life without my furry companion!

Well, that wraps up my post for today! Hope everyone is having a good week and happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Reading your post dear does make me want to go shopping...and badly too! lol

    ReplyDelete