18 June, 2012

First Fashion Post!

As I sit here sipping a Corona, pondering what I should write about, I got to thinking about summer fashion for super hot places, ala Texas. So here goes nothing on my first post dealing with fashion.

Now, living in Houston, I must admit it's a bit of a challenge to dress for Houston weather without just giving up and throwing on a wife beater, shorts, and flip flops. I admit it - I used to do just that all throughout college, even up until last summer (my first summer in this heat box). Growing more accustomed to the heat in my second summer, I've been trying to dress more classic with a touch of trendy. That being said, there are plenty of options for looking cute, but not over dressy. This is where the ever popular sundresses and wedges come in. It seems ever since February, I have LIVED in wedges. Coming in both short and tall, I have all ranges and types. To highlight a few of my favorites, I'm posting pictures as well as where I purchased them from.

First up are my newest acquisition, the Minx sandal from Stuart Weitzman.
I am absolutely smitten with both the cork material and lovely neutral camel color! These wedges are so versatile, really going with any outfit. They just scream warm weather and fun. Yes, they may be almost 5 inches tall, but are honestly so cushy and comfy. 

Next is the Imperia wedge from Pied a Terre, a British shoe brand.


These are my go to wedges for something a little more dressy, being a closed toe shoe. In matter of fact, I own these in black, navy, and cream. They are another very versatile wedge that shines in the comfort department. Favorite item to wear with these - any dress!

Another pretty recent purchase was from another British retailer, L.K. Bennett - called Rosie.


These are by far the best alternative to wearing a high heel out for a night on the town. They are patent leather, so they still give off a chic vibe - especially with any little black dress. I wanna say they came in either black, navy, or pink patent. These are from a season ago, so I don't know their current availability.

And finally, for a full on business casual wedge, I offer this chic faux patent leather shoe from Anne Klein.


Found these wedges at TJ Maxx for only $30! Offered in black, nude, and navy, these are perfect for the work place and add style to any boring office outfit, as well as comfort. I have these in black, and just love how they can be dressed down as well.

On another slightly different note, sundresses are an important staple in my summer wardrobe with their easy breezy style. I just love how they are able to be dressed up or down. I'm not gonna go into 4 different examples of sundresses I have found because I feel it's just not as exciting of a topic as shoes are. Maybe I'm just biased. Anywho, I recently discovered an Irish designer named Orla Kiely a few months ago. I fell immediately in love with her designs. They are so colorful and charming! The patterns look a bit crazy, but it really adds energy to her line. I have bought a few things from her line, both clothes and accessories, but I just fell in love with this dress! 


I actually wore it for the first time today with these cream Pied a Terre wedges.


They worked so harmoniously with the dress! I just loved this look today for Father's Day.

I guess I will wrap this post up for tonight. I've decided for tomorrow's post, I shall blog about clutches (another staple for my wardrobe!) and progress from my nose surgery.

Night y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment