09 May, 2014

Craft Beer of the Week!

I apologize for the delay in posting a craft beer the past couple of weeks! I've been busy with a desk move and other craziness, while still working on my ginormous blog post! So, I've decided to highlight a whole brewery with my favorite beers from there, this time being Abita in Abita Springs, LA. I actually plan on making a pilgrimage there in June, when a few friends are due in town. I'm BEYOND excited!

The first Abita beer I ever tried was Purple Haze, which is described as "a lager brewed with real raspberries added after filtration. It is brewed with pilsner and wheat malts and Vanguard hops. The berries add a fruity aroma, tartly sweet taste and a subtle purple color and haze...you may see fruit pulp in the beer."

Good news to any non-Southerners - I have had multiple people tell me they have found this tasty treat (at only 128 calories per bottle) at a few different Northern joints! Woohoo!

Now my other two favorites are only seasonals:

The first being their Grapefruit Harvest IPA, which is described as "a brilliant golden IPA with a subtle zest of grapefruit flavor and aroma that enhances the strong hop character. This bright, snappy brew is made with real Louisiana Ruby-Red grapefruits, pale, pilsner and caramel malts and cascade hops."


And without further adieu, my favorite Abita beer - scratch that - favorite beer of all time, clocking in at only 128 calories as well, is their Strawberry Harvest Lager. It is the lightest, tastiest beer I have ever introduced to my body! Beyond delicious! I hate this is only sold in springtime! :( This one is described as "a lager brewed with pilsner and wheat malts and Vanguard hops. Real Louisiana strawberry juice is added after filtration resulting in a crisp lager with a sweet strawberry flavor, aroma and haze."


Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Til' my next post! :)

- L



No comments:

Post a Comment