18 February, 2014

It's Rodeo Houston time!

With the Houston rodeo fast approaching, I've been thinking a lot about putting together a cute "western wear" outfit, without looking cliche. I have been avoiding the purchase of cowboy boots since I moved here three years ago, as they are just not my style. Living in Houston, I have seen a lot of inspiration as to how to not look cheesy with western wear With that being said, I have seen the epitome of cheesy western wear here as well! Luckily, there are many chic offerings for an urban cowgirl look.

One of my favorite designers of updated western-style shirts is Temperley London. I love the fun colors and patterns Alice Temperley uses in her collections. They are so feminine and modern, while still honoring the western style. A few years ago, I purchased my rodeo blouse from Temperley. I have received countless compliments on it, and is my go-to in the event of anything western-themed I attend.



A few other shirts that have caught my eye this season were these -



Now that I've covered blouses, I would like to share a few of my favorite choices of jeans. When I do wear western wear, I like to pair skinny jeans with my blouses. They are a lot easier to tuck into boots. Here are my picks -

Paige Denim "Skyline" 

J. Brand "811"

And for an actual "bootleg" option -

Goldsign "Passion"

If you know me, or read my blog, you may be aware of my obsession with shoes. I've decided the only way I would be okay with western boots is if I could find a unique vintage pair. Enter Capezio, an Italian shoe manufacturer that gained fame as a dance shoe supplier. The company expanded into making boots in the 70s, which led to the creation of these beauties (from their Miss Capezio line) I have for the rodeo this year!


Hopefully this blog has given inspiration for all of your urban western endeavors! Til next time! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment