18 June, 2015

Current favorite things...

It's been pretty crazy around work lately, with the expectation of "Tropical Storm Bill" coming through the city (yeah, turns out it bypassed us, and we only got a tiny bit of rain). Work put us up at the Lancaster Hotel kiddie-corner to our building, so I've had some time to myself to put together a new post.

About a week ago, I started thinking about some things that I've really gotten attached to in the past few months, and how much I like learning about other people's favorite things (you never know when something could become one of your own favorite things!). Therefore, I've decided to compile and share a list of my current obsessions - in fashion, beauty, entertainment, and refreshment.

FASHION
Any kimono - I really like this one from Zara
Basic tunic tank from Target - perfect for layering
Vegan leather bag from Nasty Gal


Olson pointed toe flat in blush from Halogen (I have them in black too) 
Skylar earring in iridescent from Kendra Scott (fun take on neutral coloring, so they go with everything)
Gold Elea crisscross ring from Gorjana
Chlose Together sandal from Aerosoles - I always thought of them having strictly orthopedic shoes, but boy these babies are super cute, and comfortable (I feel like I'm walking on little clouds)! I have them in both rose gold and black.
Bradshaw over-sized watch from Michael Kors - I LOVE black and gold together, saw this one on a fellow blogger's page, and it's perfect
Mirrored aviators from Ray-Ban - absolutely my go-to sunglasses over the past month or two with the strong Texas sun

BEAUTY

PHD line from Living Proof - I am constantly looking for new hair products to tame my frizz ball of a head. This stuff is like a miracle. I cannot believe how good my hair looks!

ENTERTAINMENT


ALL of Lana Del Rey's music - her voice is enchanting
Sundance Cinemas downtown - comfy seats and really good menu

REFRESHMENT
Mambo Taxi from Mi Cocina in The Woodlands
Tortilla soup from El Rey - best tortilla soup EVER made...you can argue all you want with me about this one - this is THE tortilla soup...no one else holds a candle.

Strawberry Lager from Abita Brewery
Anything Starbucks - I've always been a fan of their coffee and what not, but I just started really doing their rewards program a couple of months ago, and it's pretty cool; I'm already at gold status!
Enjoy!

- L

No comments:

Post a Comment