06 September, 2012

Autumn is in full swing!

I cannot believe autumn is here! It's crazy how fast time flies - seems like just yesterday it was the first day of summer. I must say - fall is my favorite season to dress for. It's a shame that autumn weather doesn't arrive in Houston until late November or December. I have found a few items already, which I have bought, in preparation for fall.

In this post, I wanted to focus on some pieces I think are perfect for autumn. Whether it's dressing for work or cider mill, there are so many versatile pieces out there! Here are some of my faves.


This blazer by Smythe (Toronto - based designer, as seen on my favorite duchess) is great for going from work to night. It's a fabulous update on the classic navy blazer. It's a very fitted blazer - extremely slim cut - perfect for a girlie girl like me!


Another good blazer I have found is this red cardi-blazer hybrid from Zara. It's a nice alternative to black, navy, or tan. Having bought this, I can attest this is extremely flattering, and in a very cheery color!



I love this Reiss dress! Not only is this dress a flattering cut (nipped waist hides that stubborn tummy!), it is in one of my favorite colors for fall - sapphire! Sapphire is my birthstone, so I guess I'm kind of partial. Perfect for evenings out!



Another popular color for autumn is burgundy. These dresses from ASOS.com caught my eye - the first is a fun bird print dress (by Oasis), and the other is a pleated maxi (by Love Lace) - both very fresh looks! 


Again, I am featuring the lovely Aquatalia "Rouge" booties I posted about in my entry about end of summer sales. I did end up buying the gray version of these in the Nordstrom sale. I cannot express how much I love them! Cannot wait for the hot weather to go away so I can dress for my favorite season. It's such a good alternative to black - complements so many other colors!

Probably one of the biggest shoe trends for Autumn 2012 are riding boots. These boots from Tory Burch (style is Selma), are just the ticket! I would LOVE to get my hands on a pair of these but it seems they are sold out at many stores.



Here's a fantastic going out look from Zara. I love the combination of casual and dressy. I've always been a fan of feathers in clothes and accessories. The skirt is just too cute - ombre style with navy fading into white.

These are just a few ideas for the upcoming fall weather. Happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Reiss dress! I want that soooo badly! Any ideas where to find it for cheaper my dear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is part of the autumn collection which was just released, so I'm afraid it won't be on sale for a few months. Reiss is British, so I would check websites like Debenhams, John Lewis, House of Frasier, or try google. I'll be on the look out for you!!! :)

      Delete