08 August, 2013

Latest and greatest designer collaboration!

I, like a lot of modern day fashionistas, am obsessed with designer/common store collaborations. The latest, which started today, is the Issa London x Banana Republic collection. Now, let me give a little background on Issa, being one of my personal favorite labels.

Issa London was founded in 2004 by Daniella Helayel. Popular with celebrities and royalty (everyone remembers the iconic sapphire blue dress worn by a certain Duchess), Issa has become a pretty well known name in the fashion world. I love the feminine features of the dresses, with their beautiful silk drapery and array of lush colors. I have found them to be very comfortable too, yet sexy enough for a night out.

When I found out there was to be a collaboration with Banana Republic, I was tickled pink! Issa dresses do not come cheap, so they have recreated some of their most popular looks to fit into a more normal every day budget. 

Most notably in the collection, is the recreation of the famous "Duchess" wrap dress.


It does appear to be shorter than the original, but that problem can be easily solved with BR offering "tall" sizes. 

My other favorite pieces are the kimono wrap dresses. They are perfect for using a day dress with sandals, then morphing them into going out wear, pairing with heels and a clutch.

   
      
I adore the coral colors of the first one! So cute for spring and summer, while the olive colored one is perfect for transitioning to fall. 

Lastly, I wanted to mention the printed wrap dress (as seen on Naomi Watts!). Very fresh, very flattering!


Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment