13 February, 2013

Lenten promises

Quick post on giving up for Lent. 

Being Catholic, it's that time of year when everyone decides what they are going to give up for 40 days to become a better person, and show dedication to God. 

When I was little, my parents always asked what we were going to give up for that year. It would usually end up being chocolate or candy (did I mention it was their idea? haha). 

As I grow older, I realized I need to utilize this time as a way to improve my lifestyle. Without further adieu, here are my Lenten promises:

1. No online shopping. This is going to be the biggest challenge. I have found I buy most of my clothes/accessories/shoes online. Big commitment. 

2. No alcohol besides vodka-sodas. I love beer. I love girlie drinks. All the calorie-rich drinks. Vodka-sodas are only 40 calories a piece.

3. Cut back on fried food/sweets. I'm a foodie. I love anything that tastes good. I'm going to try to consume food that is better for me.

Of course, Lent is also a time to improve the lives of people around you. I would like to do some volunteer work possibly. It always makes me feel so good helping out those in need.

Happy fasting!


No comments:

Post a Comment